Thursday, December 06, 2007

If I have not Love

Why is it that all the great hymns must be born out of the pain bore in one man's soul of such a exhausting pang?
of such things I take great joy in?
Why can I find no answer to why I love God other then the blessing I see around me?
of such things I take great joy in?
Why can't great love and great hymns come when things are perfectly still and good and be from a pure heart?

Why do we still struggle with these things that God has clearly redeemed?
of such things I take great joy in?
Why does it seem that a choice to be what God says we are appears to be only the beginning?
of such things I take great joy in?
If I have not love...

.... I have nothing.

Love makes the world colorful.
And all these things like raindrops
striking a piano's keys

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive