Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Fearless


If you gave this boy the keys to a legendary place?
Something born of the ruins of long ago?
Would the walk through the remanants of the ages shape His soul?
This boy who once upon a time dared to wish upon a shooting star?

I remember many times over the course of my life where God has brought me back to the ruins: The places where walls have been knocked down and pieces of who I was still remain as a reminder. I found myself walking through those ruins this morning.

I found myself crying for the first time in the hills here praising and worshipping a God who has done so much.

I peaked this morning at a patch of forest I had been to a year or so ago I remember being so scared to enter into it because it was dark and overgrown and there was no path. I remember being so crippled by my fears that I missed what was beyond that forest. Walking through the burnt remains the ruins made it ever so clear there was the other half of the ridge hidden ready to be experienced if only I would have ventured in.My fears used to cripple me in so many ways.

But walking through the ruins of that forest this morning made me realize that I am fearless: walking fully into what God has for me God alone has really done an incredible thing in mixing truth with love. So far from who I used to be.

And while I was up there I could not help but think there is always something more wonderful ordained by a wonderful God. Christianity is not some bland boring thing that is limited to religous ritual and emotional responses. There is always something more if we are willing to enter into it in truth and love. There is a relationship that can take your breath away at every moment!

to His glory,
JG

No comments:

Blog Archive