Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Insight on freedom

While I have been home my dad and I have been doing a lot of home repair touchup stuff etc on the house.

We are moving come April. So a lot of what the "designer" wants done to sell the house is getting done.

We( more my dad) were grouting the newly laid tile in the master bathroom. I had gotten up early to help him so I sat on the bathroom counter and used the opportunity to ask my dad a few questions regarding his thoughts on my generation and christianity the church etc.

My dad is a very profound/wise man. I realize this more and more as I grow up. I'm learning each and every day what wisdom He has if you can ask the right question. Just like me. Like father like son

While I was on that counter I asked his thoughts on the church in general, he said something to this effect.

"Son, the majority of christians enslave themselves when they are most certainly free."

I have been chewing on this for about a week now and it was one of those things I am sure when I look back while thumbing through heaven's history it will shape me in a lot of ways.

It's true though isn't it.

As much as I would like to say we are totally free creatures we are still wearing the shackles of our sin. If we were totally free and we knew it we would declare it.

Isn't that why honesty is so attractive?

What does true freedom look like?

I hope I get to find out.

I'm praying toward that end.

To His Glory alone,
jg

No comments:

Blog Archive