Sunday, December 23, 2007

Regarding Elise


I believe a man is accountable to the words that he has said and will say.

Today I got a call from a friend . I had written him about three months ago declaring what God was doing in Elise at the time. I said this at the time:

To bless you further I desire earnestly to tell you a little bit about what God is doing here in San Luis Obispo CA and how big the God we serve truly is.

In my immediate surrounding my girlfriend, deaf for her entire life, has begun through God's infinite love receiving the gift of hearing in her ears.

Today we got the entire elder board of the church together along with the pastors and laid hands on her and anointed her with oil and her hearing was gave to her for a time.

But the most wonderful part of it all is that people are believing God to be who his word says He is.

God is as Hebrews 13:8 declares the same yesterday today and forever! The same Jesus now fully glorified sits at the right hand of God making our requests known to God and working in wonderful ways through the holy spirit! Our God is absolutely breathtaking.

And that is only one story of so many of what God is doing in this place. Our God is on the move. I pray to that end in your life as well that God is taking your breath away at every moments chance and every move He makes to His glory and renown you experience fully.

I must keep this short because I need to get to bed but know you are in my prayers bro.

I would love to hear about what God is doing with you further and how I can join you in prayer as you reach New Zealand and beyond!
your brother in Christ,
John G


Since then I have not really devoted any significant amount of thought life to the subject because of life's hectic pace. Should I have actually sat down one on one with the guy that called me up I don't know if I could have recounted what God had done in and around her regarding this miracle.

I thank God He has gifted me though with the time to reflect here.

I believe it was winter break of my freshman year Elise and I went to The Next Level Church( a church I attended all throughout high school) here in Colorado. The pastor spoke on a passage about the boy born blind. She pieced all that was going on in her life and what the pastor said to believe that it was God's desire to heal her ears fully. ( she can explain more of the piecing together than I could)

I remember that night or a month or so later I prayed God if I see a shooting star I will know it is time for you to Heal Elise.

My whole life I had never seen a shooting star.

I saw my first shooting star while staring at the sky worshiping one night the beginning of this summer. It was that Friday that I prayed a prayer at the Mill a college service I attend down in Colorado Springs that God would allow Elise to hear the music being played. He answered my prayer.

I did not mention anything to her regarding the prayer that night. Later when I dropped her off at her house she asked me to come in. While inside sitting on her couch she told me she heard the worship that night.

I remember the next two weeks I couldn't focus on anything but the fact she heard. I was at my sister's wedding thinking about what God was doing in Elise rather than focusing on what God was doing in bringing my sister and her husband together.

Over this past summer the elders of the church got together and laid hands on her. She could understand the prayers.

I took Elise up to the hills the night of a meteor shower during the summer. We saw so many shooting stars that night. I prayed for Elise. Again she understood the prayers being offered on her behalf.

It was the day before fall quarter that she called me on the phone left a message telling me to call her. I was puzzled cause she never calls me on the phone. That night her voice was beautiful clear and perfect as if she could hear what she sounded like. She understood me perfectly.

It was sometime that quarter she took out one of her hearing aids placed it in a drawer. Never to enter her ear again.

Since then a few times God has opened up her ears.

And I stand amazed at what God has done already knowing there is so much more but I still have wrestled with why God would choose to work in this manner and not all at once.

My best friend said one night God is doing something even greater here than a mere miracle. He is shaping you into a man who will ask in perfect faith and pray for healing and not be dismayed. Perfectly in delight of God's will for a situation.

There is no doubt in my mind that God will heal Elise. I can't deny what he has has done. I wish I could in a lot of ways, but honestly there is no doubt I am just unsure as to the timing of it all.

I believe it was Abraham who waited twenty years for the promise of His son.

I will never stop believing.

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive