Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A Bloggers Time of Silence

Illumination of Fragmented thoughts


During lent I took the oppurtunity to not blog on what was then myspace doing it only for myself. These are those posts.

I have been taking time over the past two weeks to not let you guys see little tid bits of what God is doing but rather see what happens over the course of two weeks for the Kingdom of God here at CalPoly By not blogging about things but rather so you might see God’s attack not through my eyes but your eyes. The interesting thing is, is as I sit in this airport and I think about all God has done particularly in me I want to sit here in silence and simply be still in the captivating presence known as Christ.

Avoid godless chatter because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly.
2 Timothy 2:16

Within Me



Lately God has done a great work in me, he made me realize who I am and how truly horrible the flesh is that lives inside of me. But most importantly he did something unexpected he allowed me to backslide into sin in order that I might know that I am nothing apart from Him. The thing is I am not who I am because of me and although I have every right according to this world’s standards to be prideful because of the gifts and talents God has graced upon me. All that belongs to God I am no longer my own and it is Christ who comes through this body when I speak and when I have this joy and peace about me. It is Christ alone who can transform the heart and the mind. To change the heart though you must first accept in the mind.

Without love unforgiving slanderous without self control brutal not lovers of good treacherous rash conceited lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God- having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you. Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes."
-Job 42: 6



Opportunity



Another thing that has been happening within me is the realization that I don’t have to take every opportunity to point towards Christ. I will realize and make that more and more true every day because I love Christ but it is not because I somehow fit into God’s cosmic plan, in the area that I am to do something and it is because of me. This goes back to the whole learning that I am nothing apart from Christ because the thing is that God works in spite of sin he has held the church together for two millennia. He uses non Christians oftentimes just as much as he does with Christians the thing is though that they will not get a reward because good works don’t get someone into heaven self sacrificing loving heart condition for the sake of Christ gets you into heaven. Loving God enough to give up everything you are and crucify who you are. It is about Christ and it is about the Glory of the Father and the indwelling spirit taking control.
What if we as Christians didn’t speak of God and didn’t take any of the opportunities relying solely on the Holy Spirit for the movement and work. It says that the very rocks would cry out. Jesus will be proclaimed any way no matter what we as Christians do. Yet as to what God chooses to move through most I have no idea how to answer that question and I am forced once again to God’s word and the character of Jesus. We are to be like Jesus and he was never alone but he never was solely with non-christians but he devoted a lot of his time to his parents ten times as much as the ministry years. I am going to gander to say that I am going to take the stance as Jesus did to let God be glorified and not myself by not doing anything and taking every opportunity but I am going to bless those people around me through who Christ has made me into.

-Now when I came to Troas for the gospel of Christ and when a door was opened for me in the lord, I had no rest for my soul not finding Titus, but taking my leave of them I went on to Macedonia
-2 Corinthians 2:2

Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did
-1 John 2:6

I know that you can do all things ; no plan of yours can be thwarted You asked, 'Who is this that obscures my counsel without knowledge?' Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know. "You said, 'Listen now, and I will speak; I will question you, and you shall answer me.' My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you. Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes."
-Job 42:2-6


Someone Older and Wiser



I think this year has been the first one I have really learned to respect older people for the incredible wisdom they hold. But perhaps the prospect now that I have an older Christian guy who is going to pour himself into discipiling me is by far some of the best news I have had in the last couple weeks. I need that so desperately because being stuck in a college town it is ironic that although we are “so” aware of things we keep ourselves in a bubble and don’t really don’t know what is going on in the world. That’s stupid. We need older people to interaqct with or we all come up with the same ideas.

Avoid godless chatter because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly.
2 Timothy 2:16

-Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the lord and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes fear the lord and shun evil.
-Proverbs 3( the whole thing is amazing)


The Prophecy that lies within me





My dreams have been disturbed as of late much like Job the things I have seen are too lofty for mine eyes and I am reduced to dust. I am glad this will not be posted for another couple weeks because the thing is I am nothing and God is so amazing. I fear if this were posted on this day, the day that I write, I would receive glory for knowing, but I mention it hear to praise God so that I might know later on that God is so magnificent that he cares enough to let a sinner like me on his lofty things. As I awoke a couple nights ago the playboy poster fell down it has remained down to this day almost a month later. God showed me that sin will no longer reign in this room but will be torn down and we will trample over it. This room is for the conquerors those who have accepted and will accept Christ. Faith will almost be destroyed in this country but then it will come alive once again this is the time that God speaks of the last stage of the church when we no longer submit to sin and no longer let it reign in our mortal bodies.

No Idea




So I haven’t really sat down for a while to blog or I guess I would call it here a clog(computer log) since it is not on the web. So as I sit here cloging I am constantly reminded that humans are lazy. I am a really lazy individual. I have one more thing to study for and I need to get motivated. So I can pass calc. However it is good to forget that solitude and rest are necessities but also are real deep relationships with one another. We need to balance things. Because God doesn’t call us to a live a life that we are comfortable with but rather one that is outside that which is comfortable. I’m really excited to go home!!!
JG

A prayer of Thanks



I want to say thanks to the God who has always been there when I needed him the most. One who gives me strength to fight and continue on. I want to say thanks most of all for the realationships that I have with some of the guys here and I ask your forgiveness when my thoughts are not aligned with yours and this flesh takes over. Thanks you for the peace that comes with that though. You are truly a God who cares and is there for me when I need you to be there for me. Thank you for the shaking of the Earth about to come. Thank you for using me a sinner…

I am taking time to be still
To let the emotions unravel
Finnaly dealing with whats been going on

Haven’t been myself
I am no longer fully alive
More silence makes this heart ache

I know what is needed though
To bring about what you have planned
I am willing to be ok with that

However somehow I am not
And this conflict
Could it be simply to yield

Will it ever be easy
I don’t believe it will
I will always need to be made perfect

And I…all these thoughts
Amidst them
There is peace

2 and a half weeks



I just realized it has been quite a substantial time since I simply blogged for other people and it just dawned on me that God uses my blogs in extraordinary ways because that is why he gives me insight often times. It so happens that as I go further and further away from that God doesn’t give insight on that big of a scale. I wonder if that is the same way with me not doing worship. The thing I think I realized today is that when we take the initiative to do things that we don’t have or don’t think we can do God blesses us if we trust. I have thought more and more recently that I am not supposed to be the worship guy in the next couple years but the thing is that when I trust in God I can do all things. Colin said something a couple days ago that has bugged my heart a little bit the fact that we missed out on things because we haven’t had the prayer group. I think that is probably true because honestly we didn’t show God that that was an important thing. I know God used me not doing it for a while to reveal a few things and I know that his plan will still be accomplished.
It is interesting though, because we as Christians although we screw up so much we never will…odd. Aaron tonight said another interesting thing that moved my heart don’t try to be better…get out of the way and yield to the power that you have within you. We need to just get out of the way. And this is why I am deciding to let this blog be posted because I can’t stand not being in tune with God’s plans I will post all my other writings at a different time but until then this will suffice.
For those who don’t know Christ as a personal savior you need Him, so desperate is your need and you don’t even realize it. Actually you probably do but you choose to satisfy it in other ways that don’t bring fulfillment. Christ is all you need for all the joy and all the satisfaction in your life. Let go to this life that you so desperately cling to. And for us as Christians let go of believing in your own power…yield.

No comments:

Blog Archive