Thursday, March 23, 2006

I Need More


Since I have been back one thing has been apparent about this place. Although this place used to be so spiritually alive to me, it is now so dead. The resoning behind that is I have experienced so much more. I've been thinking also a lot about churches. I got the chance to talk with my mentor last night and he pointed out that the role of a church is to challenge you to the next level. How many christians just settle for half way up the peak and stay there? Far too many I believe. That is the case in most of America the suburbs are not the most spirit filled places. I believe they could be but they are not. And thinking and deciding upon whether to stay here over the summer a few things cross my mind. The thing is though again I love my parents and wish to spend time with them but I am glad that I can recognize that because this place is so dead spiritually that God either wants this place to be alive once again over this summer or he wants me to honor my parents by working which will somehow fit into this master plan of God's. I have need for so much more then mediocrity in this life. God knows this and has answered that desire and I am amazed but I am spoiled with God's blessing and want more.I have no idea what the next months beyond the three hold. One thing I am sure of though is that God will bring me through and He alone will be my strength and He alone will satisfy me. I need more and God being a god of infitude will give it if I stay in HIs will.

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive