Saturday, March 25, 2006

Empty Places


I got the oppurtunity to sit and talk with my dad, I don't think we have done that for a long while. It was good, and it was just what I needed. I love my dad. When you get around to reading this I want to say thanks, dad. Thankyou for all you have done and all you will continue to do for God also as well for me. You're awesome!

I don't know any way of naturally following that so I will awkardly start...God is good, He is so good. As I talked on earlier He is infinite, so infinite. I think that deserves another blog or two. However, instead of focusing on God's character as I did last night I want to focus on what God can do especially to dry and parched lands aka the empty places of the world. While my dad and I were chatting he said one thing that will probably stick more than anything else. "Do everything with excellence. God did not create us for failure, never settle for it." I think the thing that has been overwhelming me being back the most is the amount of work that needs to be done here to make this place to the standards I have seen met in the blooming and thriving garden that is SLO. I guess I am guilty though of putting God outside His character, aren't I? God can do anything for this place, and He is willing to, we need not push Him into accordance to His character. We simply must believe. I have been guilty of not believeing, letting personal matters get in the way. I know God is getting rid of those personal matters in my life so that revival may spring up not only in SLO but also here.

When one of the guys in SLO has a vision it was not a revival just in SLO it was everywhere in America...it started in SLO but did not stop in SLO. The thing is revivals often phizzle out, I desire one that won't. I know it is very contrary to the character of the human race to not forget...but what if God used us as christians to bring glory to his name as the jews were supposed to log ago? That we might not forget what God has done for us but desiring more and more each day because God is infinte.Always looking forward never looking back...That would be a site!!! I don't know the means necessarily but perhaps that is only because there is not means there is a mean and that is the Holy Spirit. We need nothing more than that! That is the gift that was able to be given, something worthy enough to have the Son of God killed!

As I was reading Isaiah, when God showed me things, I wonder why I have been able to see, He showed me that the key is waiting." The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth does not become weary or tired His understanding is inscrutable. He gives stregth to the weary, and him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, and vigorous young men stumble badly, yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not grow tired, they will walk and not become weary.(Isaiah 40: 28-31)
we have a promise that if we wait on God for His perfect timeing we will be unstoppable for our Lord. As it says in 1st thessalonians "rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not quench the spirit; do not despise prophetic utterances but examine everything carefully, hold fast to that which is good." We are to not quench the spirit( don't let our timeing get in the way) We are to be examing everything before rushing into things we must be a patient people!

I think that is probably enough for tonight...I need to be able to wake up tommorow for church I hope you can forgive me for wanting a decent night's sleep being able to be awake for my flight after that. I am so excited to go back to SLO it is amazing to know that everywhere I go the spirit has gone before me and prepared the way. That is amazing. I eagerly look forward to what this quarter will hold. All I know for certain is that God amidst so much apparent chaos is divinely orderly and has it all under control. God is good, He is so good!

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive