Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Future?


I have been thinking a lot lately about my future over the past couple days or so and I have come to a couple interesting things that I didn't really realize about myself. I am going to college to please my parents and honor them. My first priority should be my parents and appeasing them. They are great people and even if they weren't still Christ devoted thirty years of his thrity three to serve His parents. This is one thing that we often forget. It is often the model of serving that ministers to people more than simply ministry.

I can honestly say that this quarter much of my priorites were not in the right place. I placed God much above serving people especially my parents and it showed in my grades. I tried as best I could but when my priorities lied in the wrong place it was only a showcase that something on the inside was a little out of whack. Last night taught me alot about myself and how much work there needs to be done within me. God is faithful to complete the good work he has started in me.

And as each quarter showcases there needs to be a new balance struck. This one will play off honoring my parents. I am thinking in my mind well you don't need to do anything God will guide you but as my mom told me a long time ago we must take some initative in things. God will honor you if you are honoring him but the place God wants me to be at I have not reached that point yet. I doubt how deep my faith is and act on the knowledge that I am not better than any human being on the earth. With that knowledge I am going to take initative trusting God to honor my time with him and teach me in the alone places and by maybe not attending biblestudy this quarter. I will lay aside my pride by getting a tutor as my parents asked. And I will stop playing religious christian and become one based on realationship crucifying those realationships that God is not going to do anything with this quarter. I serve a God who walked as one of us humans and knows exactley what I am going through. He works despite me and the picture I see I am there to help but something about this quarter is going to be quite different and I rest as I said last night in the knowledge that he will carry me through it all okay.
JG

No comments:

Blog Archive