Saturday, March 25, 2006

What If?


Tuesday night the pastor of TNL dave Terpstra begged the question what if? What if we believed God to be who He says He is? The one who said amidst the brightest light in his time" I am the light of the world." A God who says He is so much more than anything we could possibly see or grasp in this life. A God so infinite in every characteristic. A God so amazing and so wonderful!

The bible speaks of this God who has done miracles, who has had infinite grace, infinite wisdom, infinite love, infinite patience, infinite understanding, infinitely giving all of Himself for an undeserving people. I have come more and more to the conclusion reading through the old testament that God is who He says He is and He is not one of be put in the box of our own desires, making Him out to be what we want Him to be. The thing I don't think a lot of people get is that although God is a God of love He is a God of wrath as well .They pick those characteristics they like and focus soley on those. Get a bigger picture than that!

Along other lines I don't think people believe they are bad because they don't have a perception of God or the perception of what I see God to be, one of infitude. God is so big! The thing that Job found out is that God owes us nothing yet He chooses to be willing to bestow upon us the fullness of blessing if we allow Him too. Allowing means recognizing Jesus' death not because God simply said I screwed up but rather He chose to be a God so characteristic of love that it didn't matter that mankind was undeserving He would give up his only son for us. That is what is amazing!

I often times don't like to write myself as having gained the upper hand on this issue because by no means do I think I have it down . I believe that as infinite as God is so is our surrender to Him, it can reach a point of "whole surrender" but beyond that there is always more...there always will be simply more. The thing is, Christians, you need to believe God to be more than what you think Him to be. He is a God who has been characterized by revivals, miracles, and is proclaimed in Beauty itself. He is Big! Get that through your minds and understand that He wants and is willing to be characterized by what he has done in the past if you would only let him.

As to how that is different for each one of us and this is why I believe many pastors seem to not be helpful to many people they simply want the easy way out, a quick fix. However there is no quick fix in the Christian walk it is a rough walk and when it becomes easy when there is no more struggle you may have just stopped climbing up the mountain of the deeper life. I hate to say this, it needs to be said, you need to understand that God has everything cleverly orchestrated and it is not always going to go according to your guys' plan. Infact from this point out things are going to start to fall apart because you have not left room for the spirit to plan things fully you have let yourselves get in the way. The spirit is eternal the flesh temporal. I pray each day Christians everywhere would rise above your day to day life and see what the spirit has for those who are fully surrendered. I believe He will answer that prayer in some form whether it be my generation or another one.

Please wake up and take all the blessings God has for you! Beg the question what if God is who He says He is?

JG

1 comment:

Elise said...

Once again God spoke through you. I'm amazed after reading this about how this has been so much of what God has been speaking to me about. I am also in prayer with you that Christians will wake up and realize the power we have in Christ. I'll talk more in person with you about all of this, but thank you once again. Numbers 6:24-26

Blog Archive