Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Cross( by Faith)


I have oftentimes stared at the cross looking for some deep meaning to it but unable to grasp that...to say I have some understanding, I do not and fully udnerstand it fully but I am begining to grasp it.

My friend and I decided to hike up to the top of the mountain that has the Cal Poly P on it. We found a cross at the top there and we lifted it up and placed it in its proper place. I would love to say that something whithin me changed big time. I think that happened last night though...I'll get to that later anyways though as we lifted that cross up for all to see on top of that mountian I realized something...some deep meaning. The cross, the reason it exists and the circumstances around it had to be done because of our lack of faith. I keep finding that there is power in the triune God head but even in believing it to be infinite...I have underestimated it. As all those meanings of it circle in my head i am reminded of My friend and I sharing the work in restoring the cross to where it should be...for all to see. You can see it from campus...it is so beautiful.

We as christians are called to have faith as Hebrew 11 talks about to do all things by faith and through faith. If we are not going to believe in those things that seem crazy that is not an echo of the cross at all, we are not remembering how signifigant it is how much powe rthere was in the death of a above all else holy high priest. It is an echo of as romans talks about men worshiping the creature rather than the creator. Do we believe we have so much potential. If only those who boast in themselves would know that God desires a realationship with them. One of power, of peace, of hope, of joy, of mercy, of tears, and of love above all else. I look around me and understand that man is so ignorant, but they cannot be any more things are changing here and things are changing in the world God is ready all we need do is ask.


My prayers are moving pointing towards something quite different than anything I have experienced before and it is quite different and quite amazing all at the same time. I don't pray for things to be done I pray for things to get done. Praying and depending upon the spirit which resides within me to begin to pour out. At first to three or four people and beyond that it will grow but for now I am going to pour out into three men in particular in my close knit friends. I model my actions only after the man who boar that cross. May that cross as long as it stands on that mountain remind this school of that radical cross which Jesus bore for us and no one else. As I asked for last night that my faith would be whole. May it be.
JG

No comments:

Blog Archive