Sunday, April 30, 2006

A leaf in the Wind Revisited


Dream a dream so impossible; that it's doomed to failure, unless God is in it.

I was walking back from class today and a leaf happened to be in my path and I couldn't help and pick it up. I didn't really know what it was supposed to mean just like the honeybee til I ventured down the path called time.We have no idea what God has planned til we do venture down that path. I think too often we rush things but thinking about these random ways that God chooses to speak to me lately I know that God reveals things in his timing.

On that note we "closed" the week of prayer tonight about 8:30 and the thing is it has only begun. God continues to reveal more and more to us. We know of two guys who found Christ yesterday after the whole scene. We also know that because of this week God has planted thousands of seeds and has watered those seeds. He has also restored a lot of the christians here and has given us a new zeal for his word and especially oneness as a body. We couldn't stop and think of how in acts it talks about the church meeting together each day to break bread together and fellowship with one another encouraging one another. That is what we have been doing for this week and it has been the best of life I have tasted yet. Although my body failed me, when I was surviving on about 30 hours of sleep for the whole seven day week, and I could not rise this morning to fellowship and worship my God I sat in my bed and praised the One who is more wonderful than we could ever know. My body after getting some rest this morning was refreshed and I can't help think that God gives people a desire and a need to sleep for a while to quiet people down and let there be a time when God speaks to their silent thoughts.

Anyways This blog is about the leaf so I will refocus. Tonight we were worshipping "closing" the week of prayer and God showed me the meaning of the leaf. It goes something like this...We are all like the leaf. We have all fallen off the ultimate life source. I pressed that leaf in my bible and the place where I pressed it I opened and read a few minutes ago in Psalm 50 it saysThe mighty God, even the LORD, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof. Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God hath shined our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him. He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that he may judge his people. Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice. And the heavens shall declare his righteousness: for God is judge himself. Selah. As I read over this verse I am reminded of this week and how it was all very random almost as much as God speaking through a deadleaf blowing in the wind. That leaf was supposed to remind me that something can be beautiful even after death . We as christians are beautiful when we sacrifice to God, when we choose to honor Him. God hath shined this week and is the perfection of beauty. As it talks about in Psalm 32: 16 "Make your face to shine upon your servant" that's what we do when we choose to live a holy life we shine as God does best. And this week there were some very shiny things and beautiful things.

God is so good, like beyond so good he is so Good. I will post an email here about the revival that is going on down at UCLA soon I pray you will be encouraged. Beyond that know I love all of you so much and regret I am unable to spend a lot of time talking with all of you but know my place is here God has called each of us to those people around us. God has a world to save and that does keep us christians busy. I look forward to hearing what is going on with all of you. Please shoot me an email or leave a message with what God is doing I will be encouraged greatly by that and God will be glorified.
JG

1 comment:

Colin said...

<3 !!!

Blog Archive