Friday, November 03, 2006

In Context

There is definatley a tendency within the Christian walk to forget certain aspects on very important issues. We forget often times that we need a seed to grow a tree. We expect everything to be done by an instant God, not the God of the whisper as 1 kings 19:12 talks about.We expect out gospel to go out almost instantaneously without any work. I must say tonight I am a little reluctant to write this one in fear of the implications it does mean for my life as well as yours and the fact I might piss people off but I will let the Spirit go before me and convict. It is a step I must take...Christ is calling me ...to be real...to be honest...to know who He has made me to be. I hope Christians everywhere will be able to for once live in context...

I find tonight words in my brain rattling and clanging simply saying "in context". I found myself saying" once again with this God, why?" So here I find myself tonight at the desk where miracles will be and have already been recounted simply trying to understand two simple words" in context."

It is a long held belief and observation of mine It is far easier in the Christian walk to fall into being irrelevant than to be unique. I find myself when I relate to Christian men and women having far more to say than to a dying generation that my words are far more needed by. I find myself desiring to just simply being able to relate. How? As all things in the Christian faith and walk it happens inside of your heart, it has and always will be about the heart condition.

Earlier this week I found myself asking the question on my knees why if this Spirit that You gave us is so majestic, so wonderful, so beautiful, so powerful, than why are we not all Yours why do we seem to be so out of phase with the lost. And I understand spiritual warfare and all that and that we do suck and all that and we are all torn into two the moment of our birth and our new birth. But I find myself simply thinking that Jesus Christ gave all of himself left Earth to give us the very Spirit of God to be within each of us, the very thing angels gaze and wonder about and what have we done with this? Instead of working on the inner temple we built even massiver outer temples in the forms of idols, churches, etc.. We build glorified walls and we have such a propensity as people to focus so much on the outer that we entirely forget the inner! What a wretched thing!

The only reason I believe the church,the relavant transformational community, is growing so heavily in Asia is because they know simply that there is a difference between soul and spirit because of the eastern religion that is native to the region. They understand the spiritual realm because they have seen the manifistation and power of the unseen. They know that is the only way to "enlightenment" they focus on the very subtle yet oh so imprtance difference of soul spirit and body. They take time to focus on the internal. Is this something we could learn from? Maybe spending a little more time on the whole "enlightenment" thing spending alone time with the God who whispers to us?

Our culture doesn't lend itself to knowing yourself until honestly college and we as Christians need to know who we are in the slightest hope of understanding who God is. God is calling us to be relevant to an ever changing culture. Not changing the beautiful Gospel but radically being a unique inspired, surrendered people. We must be in context. We must heavily know that we are three part in beutiful echo of God himself(1 thess 5:23). You are "spirit soul and body"in that order each one needing to be focused on.

We are Spirit.This is the inner court of the temple of who we are(1 cor 3:16) a place beyond understanding. All activities in the temple are directed by this place the revalation which happens in the utter silence and quitness of this place.It is the Holies of Holies where the Spirit of God indwells us. It may seem to us that nothing is done in the Holiest Place becauase it is pitch dark. Yet all thing revolve around this...

We are Soul. This is inbetween the spirit and the body.It must be noted that like God we cannot focus on one aspect of his character or we lose sight. We must foremost focus on the Spirit.

We are lastly Body: It may appear that everything revolves around the outer plane of who we are. But little do we know how the physical plane is influences by the spirit of certain men.

We must realize all this. I found myself a couple months asking myself is there only one way to getting closer to Jesus just as there is only way to salvation? After much thought I believe generally there is only one way. The only place you will change is when you choose not to focus on the outer rather the internal. For those of you who don't journal START. For those of you who don't know your tendencies FIND THEM OUT! We are wretched people covered by beautiful masquerades. There is a value to knowing who you are apart from the mask. Honesty is profitable in all ways and areas. The only reason I believe we find ourself in the prediciment we find ourselves in is because of you and me and are focus on the body rather than the spirit . We don't know who we are and in turn don't know who He is...we must grow in the understanding of who He is...we must in order to reach the lost.

JG

1 comment:

Elise said...

Thank you for this John...it's what a lot of this week has been about for me, and God spoke through you in this. I'll talk to you about this soon :-)

Blog Archive