Monday, November 27, 2006

Stop saying Christ, Proclaim Jesus

All around us God is always moving, never stopping, never growing tired, pursuing people with a passion uncontained. God is doing this and many refuse to believe, even us as Christians refuse to see this fact. But who could blame the lost when we don't know as christians how to lead them to God, because we don't know who God is ourselves.

I am simply amazed that for so long I thought I knew who God was, but did I know the Jesus that was accurate according to scriptures, i relied on so many others opinions of who He was not truth that He himself spoke. I was listening to a sermon last night that pointed out so many points that we as Christians forget about.

I think it honestly boils down to the American Christian looking beyond himself or herself towards what the world is really like and having enough knowledge to see that there is a lot of truth in the world just not complete truth. The pastor brought up the point that Jesus is the way the truth and the way, and ultimatley He is the only way but to think that out "religion," christianity, is somehow better than all the rest I am coming to believe it is not. The only different thing in most of the main world religions is their perception and belief of who Jesus was. Morals and goodness and all that is generally the same.

Our salvation is based on Jesus and our belief of who He is, accepting the price that he gave for our sin. I firmly believe that He is the Son of God, raised from death, our payment for sin, our death, to those who believe He is who He has said He is, part of the triune Godhead, made a man to die for sin.

The thing I find most fascinating is that in the midst of making toys in my architeture class I am finding that my mind is returning to things I haven't remembered in years about my childhood. For those of you who don't know I spent an extensive amount of time during middle school searching out who exaclty God was, and all those beliefs that different people in the world believe about certain aspects of God etc. I saw this Charcter, Jesus, who made these unique claims" I am God", "I take away sin" etc. as radically different and uinque because unlike cults that have a leader that they believe to be God, this "cult" lasted longer than all the rest and is still going strong, worth and investigation I thought so. This Jesus character resonated the most with me and holy scripture spoke the most to me so I chose to pursue this Jesus character fervently. But I realized after a while of this that perhaps this whole Jesus charter coming to earth was about God wanting so bad to restore the realtionship. It was about accepting the relationship that Jesus made possible and finding myself empty without that.

Years down the road I am finding myself returning to the simple understanding I had back then.I find we as christians have screwed up what we understand and are so easily swayed by a partial truth world. We are too busy, and too lazy. Shouldn't if we are helping and hoping to lead people back to this God that so passionatly pursues us and them don't we have an obligation to know ourselves who this God is and where they can locate this God and how he chooses to show himself.

We need to tell them what we know and not make it comlicated. If Jesus is not mentioned in the worship songs and not mentioned in the sermon, how do we expect the lost to know what we are so excited about. I want Jesus' name proclaimed. We think people will ask the right questions all the time but we need to adapt to our culture: a culture currently that doesn't know how to ask the right questions.

We need to be in the world. That means going to parties( doing those things we never would do) and not sheltering ourselves in Christian bubbles. No one is righteous no not one. Our only spotlessness comes from Jesus and his love shown by the Cross. We need to be Going out and seeking out the lost they can't and don't know how to seek us out as Christians. We need to be different we need to be radical be like the God that presented a message so profound so unique.

No comments:

Blog Archive