Sunday, June 11, 2006

Cleaning Closets of the past


I am sitting here watching probably the most bizarre clouds I have seen in my lifetime. I feel God calling me to blog on such things but how it is going to tie into the idea I had going earlier about cleaning out my closet I have no idea.

I came back from Cali noticing one thing, my room was not liveable. This was not beacuse my parents had moved things into it but rather that I didn't care about function I cared about looks so much during the high school years that I kept all these things that were unecessary. For me being an architect noticing that the room of the childhood of my past was not the one I would want now, that was not good. I think I realized probably one thing above all else living in a dorm this year, you don't need much to live with except clothes, a bed, a roof, food etc. and in essence starting over your life pretty much you don't have much clutter there. Everything there is planned for a highly functional place,most importantly the only reason something would be there is if you brought it with you. I have gained an eternal mindset this year, all excess should probably be burned... i don't mean all excess because God wants to bless us but I am merely asking the question what is all of its purpose if it is excess?

This refitting of new thoughts into old places is not going to be easy but it is best. I remind you that the newer is often times better than the old and should be incorporated at all costs because it is better.

Back to the clouds anyway, this is the first sunset I have seen in Colorado, things are much different here than california the wind howls and blows gustily sunsets are no longer on smooth oceans but riged peaks. Things go up quick construction wise it is not like the SLO life. It rains for 15 minutes than stops for and hour than rains again for twenty then is done not the three weeks of solid rain I experienced over there. It thunders here, a lot. However, most importantly though the difference is this is the place of my childhood I need to get rid of a lot of this clutter in my room and in my life , things about my past that I don't like, and although I have moved on it is time to face them to deal with things, change things for the better, for the uncluttered life, for one of only necessity!

I miss dearly every single person I know in Cali and beyond, but a lot like my closet and moving in general things need to be organized and certain things need to be packed and laid at the bottom first in order to make sure the top does not topple over. That is my closet, and I think for the first time I feel good about being here, as Phil told me I need not worry, God is in control! These emotions and these tears I have been having lately they are because things are so good, but I need be ready at any moment to give it all away and rely soley on God, I'm not there yet.

I was reading last night Passion and Purity and one thing that stuck out above all else is we are God's we are not entitled to anything, least of all the grace bestowed upon us and the blessing, God gives to the undeserving, crowns the sinner by His grace and by His love! That's reason enough for me to give it all away. Reason enough for me to stay here seeing things I have never seen before that are bizarre, like those clouds tonight, but I'll tell you something they are most certaintly of God. There is reason enough for me to clean out the closet of my past and make this heart a temple fitting for a Holy Spirit!
JG

1 comment:

Colin said...

hmmm. I am currently struggling with the clutter issue. I have so much STUFF. and it's crowding me out of my room. so ridulous. Like elise said, I am good for finding places for it all, organizing and consolidating. I am not sure if that is a good thing. I have all this extraneous stuuf that I don't really need thats just pretty. I am going ot have a lot of consolidating and organizing to do. More on this subject in my blog that I will finally be able to get to hopefully soon and catch up on all the stuff that I haven't had time to write about in my journal much less blog on. John youre amazing. i love you, man

Colin

Blog Archive