Sunday, June 18, 2006

Windfall

How can I begin to describe
I am a mere scribe
to the workings of my God

How can I begin to comprehend
the people he has sent
to do all these things

How can I begin,how can I begin
to tell of all he has done
and all the things to come

winter had past, and spring is to come
In this quiet,this windfall
time had begun, a new fall

So I got this fortune cookie while I was at PF Changs the other day it said you are soon to experience an unexpected windfall. I was like hey what the heck is a windfall and I could probably right a poem about it oh wait I did how the wind often times gets rid of one stage of growth like in the fall and moves us to a place of winter away from new growth but it is a time of preparing etc blah blah blah...

But I have been realizing one thing about that word and all it's implications.

Elise and I always seem to manage to find our inspirtation for our blogs in the same book of the bible, I doin't believe this to be mere coincidence. She wrote in her last blog about there being a season for everything it is so true there is a season because God is not a God who chooses to breath in one place, he breathes on dry bones as Ezekial talks about, he is breathing everywhere we merely need to listen to this beautiful harmonium of the heavens. He is breathing in every season just like the wind, and although this is fall for me and i am going through a transition, the foresight of winter coming, it is beautiful. Oh and Spring!

1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from
embracing;
6 a time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 a time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
9 What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboreth?
10 ¶ I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out
the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.
12 I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.
13 And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labor, it is the gift of God.
14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God
doeth it, that men should fear before him.
15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

I want to focus on verse 14 and 15 for a while trust me this might be a long one because one verse in this wonderful book known as the bible a man could spend his entire life on one verse and never know all that it contains it's simply beautiful ...I have been focusing on fear and my lack of it the last blog or so, and do I think it coincidence that tonight when God reminded me of that fortune that he eventually bring me to this passage,trust me there is way to much coincidence to be mere chance, it is divinity at work. From speaking through squirrels to the last leaf clinging to a tree to a fortune cookie God has his hand in it all.

I know this much that God if he is going to go something it is going to be eternal not in our timing, we have no say in changing the outcome but are mere vessels of facilitating it, and this is why we fear! God is a God of infitude, who has the ability to take away everything at a moments notice and yet has enough divine wisdom to keep his plan intact, we are not even worthy of being called pawns! God is good but he will take care that our hearts our being shaped properly if we truly desire that, he is o so powerful, and he is not tame. He is my God whom I serve, and whom I should serve alone. We worship Him because he is worthy to be worshipped not because he has done stuff for us, he is God free will aside and even free will in the picture we will all kneel and we should fear the fact that God is a God so vast and so hugely different than anything we could even possibly comprehend and when we sin we will have to know that the reason we are allowed to go is because the very man that sits at the right hand of God the Father deciding in his grace to set us free from our enemy.

We are free, we must act in accordance with that!

seasons change, and time flows by
A mighty river I have seen in my eye
Of saints in royal robe enthroned,
and grace in infinite number bestowed

I am a mere scribe
to these things I describe
to the workings of my God

This windfall that I see...it is pure beauty it is the beauty in the gray the thing that is not tangible yet is and can not be seen but the effects can! I see God working and am finally content I hope in the fact that this is where I need to be and will starting acting in accordance to the new! That is what I hope to behold in the view to which I persue.

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive