Friday, June 23, 2006

Decision making and community

I'm trying to make a very important decision...the decision whether or not to go to camp this year. I have til tommorow. As it stands I worked a lot this week a total of 36 hours in four days, I have the oppurtunity to go to camp next week. But if I do so I may lose the oppurtuniy to move up and get a better job either with Foley's or a better job with American Eagle.

Here's what I know, God blesses us when we serve him. So therefore I have no worries in deciding to go...

The problem in my mind lies in the fact that God is often silent on issues like these a lot more these days...and me being a person who has always heard God I really haven't had to lie on past experience, I lived carefree hearing God, doing what God told me to do. Now since he hasn't been doing that I am forced to rely on past experiences to tell me what to do. I must look back on all that I have learned and decide, walking blind!

I have decided that I am gonna go unless something happens, no matter what may happen and if I have to work forever in the position as an XOC I will. I know God will bless it though.

(period)

New Subject:

I was sitting on my lunch break today sitting at the food court of Park Meadows, a very long table, as I normally do sitting with all these people who I don't know. I was listening to these two business men talking, getting to know each other simply caring about each other it was really awesome.

I have been learning a lot about community as of late especially in the fact that a real church is one where people have a conversation, and guess what disagree. I think we are so scared to start anything in our churches in our homes in our workplaces. But I say to you real community is when people from all different places, all different walks of life all different shapes, sizes, and colors cometogether as one. Oneness is so beautiful!

Anyways that is a snapshot of some things I've learned this week gonna be gone at camp next week! I will talk to you all later. For Dusty sorry I am cancelling on our date, hopefull we can do something tommorow, as in Sat.

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive