Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Elephants & Work


It's odd the fact that I am working so much this week, that I really don't have a spare moment to sit and blog...sad but I'm sure purposeful. Anyways I had my first day of real work today, it was fun! I know that sounds weird but I get paid to do the things I love to do...

1. help people
2. be freakishly organized
3. Move around things

Anyways about the elephants, my most prized possesion is a rosewood elephant that my dad got me while he was in India. And if you know me you know that I am in love with Elephants, I should change my blog title. Anyways though, I am reading this book with my best friend and its so good we are going to probably read it straight through it's called to own a dragon by Donald Milller( so good) Anyways though he has this story in there about elephants and how if an elephant does not have someone to lead him along mentor him in elephant ways the elephant ends up stabbing rhinos and going crazy. But that stage only lasts for like a week in other elephants if they find a mentor etc...anyways back to the prized possesion I think it is cool that i have mentors now in my life that teach me wise ways and they lead me. There is a second elephant I bought and it's cool cause the stone elephant I bought is smaller than the rosewood elephant and they go together perfectly walking side by side. They younger elephant(the stone one) may be stronger but the stone one is more fragile it's a really sweet analogy I think I am going to write a poem about it sometime!

That's all the time I have time for hopefully tommorow will be better w, more me jabbing on about life but hey it's what I do!

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive