Friday, July 28, 2006

Caged bird set free


I can't help get the picture of someone setting free a bird, tonight. A bird out of lifted and raised prayerful hands released to freedom. That is what analogy comes to me when I think over what God has done tonight. He has set free this caged bird. And in so doing given me guidance for the next couple miles I am to walk.
I had the oppurtunity to go to a day of the desperation conference down in the springs and the words spoken so simple yet powerful. I feel as if my burdend heart made opaque is somehow begining to come into freedom and clarity of newness because of this revelation of simplicity.
I'm pretty exhausted so most of this will have to wait til my mind is clear and most of the revelations are sure to come as God directs them over the next couple days, I eagerly anticipate and wait for them to be revealed.
For now though I will focus on tonight
The topic of conversation was the bible, I had felt God over the past couple weeks pushing me to a deeper purpose in my reading of the Holy scriptures and also the disciplines that Jesus taught of: fasting, meditating and all those things.
God made me look specifically a couple days ago at what exactley the gospels ended with, almost all four, three focused on the diciples waiting for the holy spirit to be poured into them at pentacost before they did anything. But the gospel of John ends different it also begins differently I should have seen God doing something with the little oddity and that begining starting then, but as always sermons seem to point it out more blunt. John ends in 21:25 "And there are many other things which Jesus did, which if they were written in detail, I suppose that even the world itself would not contain the books that would be written." The meaning of this didn't exactley become apparent til some meditation on it.
The pastor spoke on the bible as I told you before. I saw something in his word choice though that I never seen before. He almost equated the Holy scriptures to the Holy spirit. I never really made the connection that as it talks about in Exodus 15:26 clearly enough " If you will give earnest heed to my voice,the Lord your God, and do what is right in His sight, and give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have put on the Egyptians, for I the Lord am your healer" It spells it clearly that the power we have been looking for in our generaion in the Spirit of God, the understanding of those people past, the writers of the hymns the knowledge David had, it is the word of God that is where true power lies. It lies in the statutes, in the listening, in the choosing. It spells out the ripling of light I have been talking about. Prayer(listening),purity(choice), the Bible(statutes), that is what ripples and will change men around us to pursue God. It is an overflow thing the whole passing of the flame.
It says in John 1:1-5 in the begining was the word and the word was with God and the word was God.He was in the begining with God. All things came into being through Him and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being . In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
There is so much in these five verses but I want to focus on one thing in particular "the word was God." In the greek there are infitudes in the tense which means they are perfect words, as in fullness of the meaning manifested. The word "word" is infitized in the the greek. Was is not a very good translation to tag on the end, It should probably say something to the effect that The Spirit is,was, and will be God, and the the Spirit is was and always will be the Word of God,the spirit is working for sure but only where the word is. The bible is so amazing! In it lies power to defeat Satan( Jesus in the wilderness), the power the saints of old had was the Bible the very words that God inspired in men. We are too far away from Jesus to know and fully comprehend what it might look like power apart from the word of God so we must rely upon it. We must! May the very words God spoke shake this earth in power!!! May they ripple light into a darkness that can't even comprehend it!!! May they come into our hearts and give us the very mindset of Jesus, the very thought process of God!!! Oh how we should desire that above all else!!!
JG

No comments:

Blog Archive