Friday, July 07, 2006

Treasures of Darkness



I feel like it has been forever since I got the chance to just sit down and write and think, well kinda, but that knowledge is not for the present! I love the fact that I can do that, that I have enough direction from the last time God spoke to continue on till He speaks again. I like to boast about my God and how he has not given to us darkess but a light that illuminates everything!!!

I will give you the treasures of darkness, and hidden wealth of secret places, so you may know that it is I!- Isaiah 45

I was telling Elise I think last night that this time of silence is a test but it is also a time where God is speaking differently. Many of you have heard the analogy that God is always walking beside you but we don't always realize it because sometimes he is the one carrying us and there is only one set of footprints or something like that. I don't think that is necessarily the case but I think God is doing something different that I haven't interpretted correctly.

What I interpretted was silence was a lot like silence but it is more so like the treasures of darkness Isaiah speaks about. God gives us the oppurtunity in times of silence to find out who we are, I know full well I am a crummy person without Christ, that is a fact, don't try and change my mind! But I think it is also a time that God shows himself to us and moreso what transformations have really been made within us! It also switches things up in devo lives and worship lives to let us understand better who God is apart from the religous ritual we so often fall into! I think all of these things God is doing within me but one thing in particular I have realized as of late.

In regard to the treasures of darkness God is giving me something, far be it form me to know, but he is giving me something that should full well belong to the darkness. That's vague...sorry that's all I got as of yet. I know that this is the reason for all the spiritual attack as of late and why Satan wants me to get into a hole I often get myself into during the summer months. God is giving me something that he also gave the devil. That's sounds dark. Let me explain if I can. Satan although the adversary of our souls is a beautiful creation of Gods. Isaiah is the only book that accounts for the fall of Lucifer. It is my belief at this point that anything that Isaias talks about as darkness is just that belonging to the devil, but also as the Lord is shown throughout Isaiah and through the psalms the Lord makes darkness his covering. God is giving me something inside that darkness that I could not pocess if I were as clearly being spoken to in the same way. Things are changing and thank God they are changing for the better. Hopefully that made some since.

Anyways yah that's all I got it's odd to be so happy and content when everything seems to not be making sense. But that is the cool thing about it I wouldn't want it all to make sense cause then where would all the adventure go? Where would God acting outside of my knowledge be? I would never want my own knowledge to contain a God that is infinite!!! You know the whole fitting a big triangle through a tiny hole, that simply does not work.

Anyways chat with you all later, love you all.

JG

No comments:

Blog Archive