Saturday, July 01, 2006

Glistening Wake

Let's just say camp was amazing, I can't get into all of the why but it was amazing!!!


Anyways though I found myself on the banks of the Colorado River this afternoon staring at the glistening water and silently praising my creator king, the author and perfecter of my faith and the wonderful prince (the bringer of peace and joy.) With knowledge of who my God is was and is to be and a heart welling up and tears about to break. I praised my God because behind Himself he has left and will leave a glistening wake, one of infinite beauty and incredible power. One that will shake the very foundations of the waters of this Earth. As Pastor Don always says" Oh Boy" what God has planned how beautiful, it is truly a glistening wake.

But because here I stand as a witness also to the present I will record what has happened this week.

I got the oppurtunity to go to camp something that I did not think I was going to be able to do because I had gotten back from school two weeks before camp started and if I got a job I would not be able to go because the prospect of getting time off, ya right! It came in a different form though, I had the time off from the begining making my own schedule but in order to go to camp I had to miss up an unsure oppurtunity for a promotion, I said in my last blog that I decided to go with the thing that was sure. I am reassured now that the sure thing was the salvation of a boy that I had the oppurtunity and joy of sharing God's love with for the first time.

On that note of leading people to Christ I must say that I am glad I have never had the oppurtunity to pray with someone and they accept Christ right there. Let me explain! It is a necessity to have people leading you but to pray a prayer...a prayer is a personal conversation with God and you alone. It has its place in community but there is a signifigant amount of prayer that needs to be done alone! A person accepting Christ at the least the ones I have seen been succesful are those decesions that are made by the persons themselves. There are definitley beautiful cases where God lets us know we are worth something by letting us share in the blessing that is salvation of others but I think we must ask ourselves what exactley is going to happen to these christians that have walked into a ground that they in part do not want to be in. If we fully want Jesus and all He has for us we must choose Christ and desire that above all else that is what will keep us pure our choices. The Spirit has an infinitley important part but we have not even begun to take hold of this Holy Spirit.

On another note I must record that sitting at a campfire last night sitting down with a man who is so intune with the Holy Spirit that he knows everything that is going on around him yet has enough common sense to know that all knoweldge is not profitable at every single moment for a fallen race. Having the oppurtunity to sit and chat and be so intune with one another that we were one in Jesus there is a place where one minute can change you more than three years of seminary. The words that were spoken last night and the knowledge that I knew he could not know apart from the Spirit of the Holy God( the prince of peace and joy) that is reasurance of things, that is the blessed communion that the saints of old talk about. "Oh Boy" this world is going to be changing !!!

For as I have learned this week and the continuance of a summer of learning those tenants and foundational keys of the christian faith I have learned this week that we will all be brought unto judgment we are cleansed through blessed Jesus but we are judged still as the non believer is to. We as christians must live in the light that sin will be brought unto judgement. All those lukewarm christians out there God I ask he change you cause the judgement you are coming to, I pray you will run with courage toward the plans that God has for you! Judgement is no pretty thing, we as christians know we are unworthy, but why do we act as if there is nothing coming to us in the hereafter there is no blessing that God wants to richly bestow upon us? Why must we act in accordance to what Satan has done and will use? I desire his head be chopped off, and he will be if sin is gone. We must run, and run with fervency...there is a glistening wake that Christ has left behind for us to follow to be on one side will mean that we are moved further away, may we always stay centered in Jesus, for he is the source of power, he is the source of all those wonderful things of which we have a desire. May God richly bless all of us and may we be a pure people, a passionate people, and a praying people.

I have seen that there is peace in the power of the Holy Spirit
I stand amazed from the ground I look up, and I see.
I am infinitley small but infinitley loved and blessed
and a glistening wake I have begun to see


JG

No comments:

Blog Archive