Sunday, July 09, 2006

What Ever happened


What Ever happened to Angels coming down
cascading down a glorious stairway

God writing on ancient walls
to say you have been weighed

What Ever happened to burning bushes
God saying this is hallowed ground

My heart is too sad to say
vanished are what the ancients thought
we forgot what they did to obey

And why does it seem to be so hard
to hear a God whose glory is renown

What happened to the days of old
when my God spoke so clear

My heart is too sad to say
vanished are what the ancients thought
we forgot what they did to obey

So let us change our ways
so that God may live in this new day
glorious unhindered
a beautiful sound

My God come, surround
be renown

It has been raining all day since last night,it is such a wonderful sound. Driving down to the Mill last night was one rain storm I will never forget, Thunder was pounding all around us and to see the lightening as bright as the sun truly a showcase. God is doing something with this bizarre weather, and with everything I see the dual nature of its purpose and how pathetic satan's atempts are to derail an unchanging God's final plan that he has worked and crafted since longer than he has been around, how foolish!

I am sitting at my computer listening to the wonderful drops falling from the heavens. It seems though that God is healing things and bringing new life as He so wonderfully does. Last night as the rain was pouring I had probably about 6 hours of conversations with people up until 4AM last night or this morning and God healed something that I had messed up because of a lack of honesty on my part. To not tell of what God is doing because of fear of hurting someone that is sin! That is what I learned last night!

God need not be defended because he is unshaking all the same, but we are to boast about out God, to tell to all the nations how good he is.

I heard a sermon once while I was in highschool about goodness, and not necesarily about witnessing to other nations but instead providing for their physical needs just as Jesus did: the necessity to share the goodness that God has blessed us with especially as Americans. But also know that that rediculous quote that if you teach a man to fish he can feed a family but if if you give a man a fish he can only feed himself, it applies! We must be willing to teach men to fish after we have fed them fish! We must lead them to water but not drown them by forcing them to drink to much that they forget to do other necessary things! We must give to each man what he needs from us. Beyond that we are to be providers! Knowing that there is a necessity in it all. We all play a part! We all play a vital role in what Jesus Christ is doing! Some more than others because we have accepted the responsibility that Jesus has given us to do. To do more we must live that radically different life, set apart for Christ! But we must accept the responsibility that God has given to us, this will take several years of prayerful consideration, and all sorts of sacrificial things, but that is what this life is about again. Our lives are about dying to ourselves and letting the Spirit take over, to do anyless we are not going to get what God wants us to get, which is a shame.

Anyways I have been up late two nights in a row so I am off to bed night!

JG

1 comment:

Elise said...

Hey there, good to read of all that God's doing and teaching, as always!

I'm definitely seeing what you mean as far as some playing more of a part than others for Christ. He has laid out that decision before us; it is up to us however much or little we wish to do...but as you and I talked about, making that choice isn't an easy one, but definitely the most rewarding and one we would have no other way.

We had an outreach in Venice today...oh my goodness, the spiritual condition of that place...let's just say I've never ever been in a place with that much spiritual warfare. I'm going to blog on it soon, and that'll have more details there. God continues to break me for His people.

And the treasures of darkness you've been talking about...I'm really understanding what you mean by it now. I'm seeing more and more how God is building things up for something significant He wishes to do or speak on...and right now it's in the darkness. I see how he's shaping our circumstances and lessons in preparation for this thing...but have no idea as to what.

Anyways, hope you had a good day and I'll talk to you soon. Love you and prayers!
Elise

Blog Archive