Monday, July 31, 2006

There will come a time...

I believe there comes a time in everyone's life where they must make important decisions, rethink important issues, reshape who they are, and direct who they want to become.

A vision of a question came to me today that I fear may haunt me for a while" Will I look back after experiencing so much and still continue on to advancement in deed and who I am in Christ, will it be a steady upward climb to oneness with christ or will it be a roller coaster? I think in the question, a little bit of perspective on why God uses time so often was gained , He wants us to be a steady never wavering light, only time can show that true character in the heart. But I also gain another question as Elise has already experienced with my God's own personal touch for me. The question is am I truly just going along with God's ride or am I actually taking initative toward perfection. Is it my heart's cry to praise God in literally everything? I know it is not complete yet and I honestly believe and it is so easy for me to say that it will never be. However, that is my soul's cry to be beyond every other man, to pursue Christ as no man has before letting him work through me because that is how I see it as being.

Granted that may sound kinda prideful and God gave me direction with that which involves accountability with an unlikely source. But I mean why would any of us settle for second best for the wavering instead of the solid unchanging thing. We seek it so desperatley good friends that will be available for us in all times, a love that will never fade. I ask why though, why? Why do we settle for this second best crap?

and perhaps you are going to read this and be like let me pray for John, and by all means do I need it, but I point out that it is not in the unchallenged world that we progress to perfection but rather the challenged one where we must fight taking up our crosses daily as Christ compels us to do!

There will come a time when so many things will come...battles raging. But God is in it...every little bit. And I cannot write beyond that for it is not me who pen such words but Christ though me! To Him be all glory.

JG

1 comment:

Elise said...

I don't know what it is about tonight and exactly all that God is both doing and trying to get through to me, but for some reason I sense you are going through much of the same spiritual battle I have been and am going through. Know He is glorious! We must stand firm, for Satan doesn't want to see us answer the questions God is laying before us. Seek the best way, the highest way, always, for we are to live a radical life. Let nothing deter you from answering these questions. I pray that our God will fight for you as He always does as you answer these questions. You are in my prayers my dear brother, and I can't wait to see what God does in this time with you!

Blog Archive