Saturday, July 22, 2006

refocusing...grace & the ripple effect


So let's just say I am really excited to write this one because it's one of those "oh" things where everything seems to have been put into place by , guess who, the big G, the HS and JC. They together create and orchastrate something so beautiful I'm like "woah" that is so cool.shall we....

For a long time I have wondered what happens when all the major sins are weeded out in your life what lies beyond that? What lies within a man who has fully surrended, who has decided to not even be associated with sin! God provided that answer last night personally and for me to share, I had my first glimpse of what empowering grace truly feels like and is. And guess what it has to do with the whole pouring out thing. When one is filled he shows it to the world by good works. It is not forced and never should be but a soul surrendered will be changing the world!!!

I think about the three things which matter in life and will cause a ripple effect. Prayer, God's word, and inversting in the souls of men. And I didn't put it together until last night " WHAT WE DO ON EARTH HAS A RIPPLE EFFECT ON THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN THE HEAVENLY REALMS" What we do here matters big time, never feel you are worthless you must shine bright, because that is what the maker of all good things wants for you, to feel loved and able to make a difference!

One of my favorite verses is Daniel 12:3 " those who have insight will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever!" Until today I never considered the implications of the fact that we should be doing good and never realized me not acceping God's reward in the ripple effect "heaven" was just like not accepting the blessing God wants to give me.( If you didn't know I struggle with feeling worthy in Christ, I AM!!!)

Sorry that was a wonderful sidetrack!

Anyways whenever I think about a ripple effect I think about that verse(Daniel 12:3) and leading people to Christ and the ripple of light that comes forth when we lead people to Christ, how the world is forever changed by that light added to it! I ask this question "why should Bono, Bill Gates etc. be the ones who do the rippling of light ie. good in the world. Why can't it be the church and the followers of Jesus? Why couldn't we sacrifice in passionate sacrifice for those non christians around us, sharing the Father's good love!

Actually I think I am going to go back to the sidetrack...when I think of me being worthless and the redical change God did last night!!! I think of one analogy. A man goes out into his garden picks fruit from a random tree he is not the planter of that tree...how does the man know that is a specific type of tree...he know's it is a fruit tree because it bears apples oranges etc...Without that a tree that is not bearing fruit can not be identified easily as a fruit tree. But hey if you are so full of fruit that it naturally is just falling off and people can enjoy the enjoyment that is fruit, they will know he is a fruit tree.

It says in John somewhere they will know we are christians by our love, they will know we are a fruit tree by our fruit. You get my picture. We need to be like the palm tree in Psalm 92 as strong as the trees in Lebannon, you know what I mean people who study the old testament!

We need to be bearing a lot of fruit and shairng that fruit with others who knows even a guy named issac Newton may sit under your tree one day and become a great man inpart to your fruit! We must bear in mind that none of this fruit as Romans 11:36 talks about comes from ourselves it is a gift of the spirit that is why it is called the Fruit of the Spirit, for from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen!!!

Everything that we have is God's, Everything we do is because of Him, and everything we get for this wonderful things still belongs to Him. But he wishes to bestow it upon us, and if you don't accept, uh why? Your really lame if you don't. I still love you dearly but do it for your own good!

I think I am done, it didn't come out exactley as I thought it would but it never does. Remember one thing from this blog! Everything we do here has a ripple effect...in heaven...in hell...on Earth. as 1 Thessalonians says rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks...do not quench the spirit( don't know what that one means quite yet, I will though! ) , do not despise prophectic utterances, but examine everything carefully, hold fast to that which is good; abstain from every form of evil. Now may the God of Peace Himself Sanctify you wholly and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete without blame at the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ...the grace of our lord Jesus be with you.

yup! Ripple light!!!

JG

2 comments:

Elise said...

Oh John...I thought the smile on my face was pretty big before reading this but it's even bigger now! Once again God aligns yours and my lessons in a sweet way...in every way. Ah, it's all so beautiful!!! I don't really know what to say because there's so much to say, but basically I got the opportunity to lead a woman to Christ tonight, and it was soooo sweet, just like all you talked about in your blog! And yeah, it's all amazing...one of those future conversations for sure. I think you just described a huge portion of my summer!
God is good!
Love you,
Elise

Colin said...

so pretty much God used you in a big way through what you said to Elise, and then she told me about the candles and God used that as part two of his answer to my recent prayers. Part one I will have to be reveal later, for it is not time yet. Be praying for me and upcoming ministry in the Fall. There is a lot that God is doing in me to prepare me, inspire me, and shape my heart for this explosion that will happen next year.

Blog Archive