Saturday, July 15, 2006

Refocusing...Grace means Enpowerment


I want to first apologize for the last couple posts, it seems sometimes that us bloggers can get away from meaningful things, from letting God speak through His beautiful wonderful scripture and we can loose sight of the fact that this, all this blogging, it's all about one thing... speaking to God's people and to the unsaved when apart to proclaim Jesus and his work in each of our lives. The importance of it is to tie all the seemingly chaotic things in our lives together to show the creators handiwork in it...

I would like to begin this post by praising God for the wonderful salvation of a new sister in Christ, Elise's mother!!! May we never forget the power & importance of persistent prayer and the workings of a most Holy Spirit!!!

I will also begin honsetly by saying that as of late I have fallen into a problem. I can no longer sit in a sermon and get anything new, maybe it is because of the value I have in direct inspiration from the Holy Spirit but I value devotionals much more over church, this is right because it is about the personal rather than the public. But it disturbs me that my personal has to be so much better than the public I feel two faced oftentimes. Undoubtably before I pin blame on the American church I pin it on myself and search my heart, but I believe and with much searching know for certain the church without the spirit as most of the American church is can do nothing more than mere man can do. That is a huge shame!

Reading a chapter by Tozer the other day and on our focus in things in the church God gave me a brillant insight. A denomination is no much more than the shadow of a man. Think about that for a second. It resides along the same fact that no greater has come from a theology school than the maker of that. A man can only found something lesser than himself. But as it says over and over in scripture the church is to be guided by the spirit and America has some great men and that accounts for all the working and wonders in most of it, but how much greater would it be if it were founded upon the spirit.

It is as Tozer chooses to say the three foundaitonal columns upon which the church is built is three events, the birth, the death, and the resurrection of Christ! To focus on merely one or give more importance to one will create something unhealthy structurally. To focus on the birth will keep christians with a perception of God as a helpless babe, and granted we are sheep in a world of wolves and ferocious creatures but as long as we keep close to our shepard He will protect and guard us! To focus merely on the Cross and the death will keep us teary eyed. To focus on Christ's resurrection that is where our perception becomes perhaps the best, a God of miracles a God who conquers, a God who defies gravity!

And I write this blog to focus on the fact that Jesus Christ, the grace given us, enpowers us not to remain in sin but rather
through His Holy Spirit residing in us. He will keep us on the straight and the narrow as long as we choose to focus on the column of resurrection, the beauty much like a pheonix. Something rising out of ashes to create something even more beautiful. What is coming if we choose this refocusing...something wonderful!

1 comment:

Elise said...

Oh how I miss you so much and wish you could be here to share in all that is happening and how good God is! But I find myself smiling at the fact that I know you are experiencing God's goodness in another way in a state 1000 miles away, because our God is infinite and has no bounds!
Hopefully we will get to talk soon, but I know it's all ordained by God, and He's using it. In the meantime, know that you are in my prayers as always!
Love you!
Elise

Blog Archive